Fishing one of Austria’s purest lakes
It’s obvious: in one of the purest bathing lakes in Austria, there is something for sport fishermen too. In fact, not infrequently, pike weighing up to 14 kg are caught here. The list of game fish also includes: brown trout, speckled trout and rainbow trout as well as vendace, char and perch.
Our chef Johannes Idinger is himself an avid fisherman and is therefore the ideal contact for his guests when it comes to knowing the best spots to fish. (Guiding is possible on request)Regulations
Regulations on Lake Fuschl
Catch limit per day
7 game fish (salmonids) including 3 vendace/white fish. Brown trout: 1 fish per day.
2 Rods may fish per Fishing Licence. One line is allowed with a maximum of 5 maggots/flies per rod.
Any fish caught in accordance with the size and provisions of the licence, including fish without catch restrictions, must be immediately entered in the catch list by ballpoint pen.
- Fishing with maggots/flies from 1. October
- Leaving fishing lines unattended
- The use of echo-sounders
- The use of living fish as bait
- Using dead fish bait from other waters.
- Fishing with nets, traps and troll lines.
- Fishing on the shores from the castle fishings to the
- outflow of the Fuschler Ache
- Fishing within 50 meters of all estuaries.
- Both from the shore and from the boat, a distance of 40m between anglers must be observed.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed to fish one of the two rods only when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (adult)
- used in the context of the released fishing authorization.
- Young people over the age of 12 must have their own fishing licence.
Size Restrictions and Seasons
|Type of Fish:||Minimum Length:||Season:|
|Brown trout||50 cm||1.4. – 15.09|
|Arctic Char||26 cm||1.4. – 15.09|
|River Trout||50 cm||1.4. – 30.09|
|Vendace/ White fish||36 cm||1.4. – 30.09|
|Pike||50 cm||1.5. – 30.11|
|Tench||30 cm||1.4. – 30.05
1.8. – 30.11
|Carp||30 cm||1.4. – 30.11|
|Rudd||15 cm||1.7. – 30.11|
|Eel||35 cm||1.4. – 30.11|
|Zander||35 cm||1.6. – 30.11|
|Rainbow Trout||50 cm||1.4. – 30.11|
|Brook Trout||26 cm||1.4. – 30.11|
Eel, Perch, Roach, Common Bleak and Chub have no size restrictions and no catch limit:
Fishing Licence – Lake Fuschl
|Night licence (21:00 -5:00)||€24.50|
|Day licence (5:00 – 21:00)||€25.50|
|3 day licence (continual)||€60.50|
|Week licence (7 days)||€76.50|
|2 Week licence (14 days)||upon request|
|Month licence (28 days)||upon request|
|Year licence (1.4. until 30.11.) *||upon request|
Fishing boat with anchor for the day:
Electric boat €25.00
Prices include tax
18. International Fishing Competition
Event Dates & Times
14.04.2019 – 15.04.2019 / 07:00 am
13.04.2019 – 16.04.2019 / 07:00 am
14.04.2019 – 17.04.2019 / 07:00 am
Hotel Schlick - on the banks of Lake Fuschl in the heart of the Salzkammergut!
How to find us.